|Prep Time||45 minutes|
|Cook Time||2.5 hours|
- 1 Boneless Beef Chuck Eye 3-4 pounds
- 4 tablespoons RUB1OUT Beef Rub
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pepper
- 2 Medium Yellow Onions Rough chop
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Red Pepper Diced
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup Marsala Wine
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 pound Small Red Potatoes Quartered
- 6 Medium Carrots 2 inch
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme Minced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley Minced
- Preheat oven to 325°. Pat roast dry with a paper towel. Coat all sides of roast with RUB1OUT Beef Rub (use a small amount of oil to help adhere rub to roast if helpful). Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven ("pot"), heat oil on medium-to-high heat. Add roast and brown the roast on all sides. Remove roast from pot. Reduce to medium heat and stir in onions and red pepper until onions are browned. Add garlic, tomatoes, thyme, and bay leaves - cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine. Deglaze bottom of the pot by scraping at the browned bits. Stir in the broth. Return roast to the pot. Arrange the potatoes and carrots around the roast and then bring to a boil. Cover the pot. Place covered pot in oven and bake 2.5 hours (or until meat is tender).
- Remove the pot from the oven. Place roast on cutting board. Discard bay leaves from cooking juices. On the stovetop, bring the remaining liquid in the pot to a boil and cook until reduced to half (approximately 10-12 minutes). Add parsley.
- Slice roast and serve with vegetables and sauce.
- PREPARE TO ENTER YOUR HAPPY PLACE!