|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter 1 stick
- 1 cup Brown Suger Packed
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons RUB1OUT Jerk Rub
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes 1 can = 28 ounces
- 1/4 cup Basil Leaves Chopped
- Wash sweet potatoes thoroughly. Peel and cut into ½ inch slices.
- In a Dutch oven (or large skillet) melt the butter on medium heat. Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, and RUB1OUT Jerk Rub in a bowl and then whisk into melted butter.
- Add sweet potatoes and stir well. Ensure each piece is coated evenly.
- Cover oven (or skillet) and reduce heat to low. Cook sweet potatoes for roughly 1 hour - gently stir occasionally. The sauce should turn to a dark syrup and the sweet potatoes should be tender in the center with a firmer edge. Transfer to a platter and serve.
- PREPARE TO ENTER YOUR HAPPY PLACE!