|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 4 halves Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tablespoons RUB1OUT Poultry Rub
- 2 Eggs Lightly beaten
- 1 cup Pank Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ball Buffalo Mozzerella Cut into cubes
- 1 medium Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 cans Crushed Tomatoes 1 can = 28 ounces
- 1/4 cup Chopped Basil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Coat a sauté pan with olive oil and place on medium. When oil begins to haze, add onions and garlic and leave until onions become translucent. Add ¾ of the basil and carefully add tomatoes. Cook and stir until mixture has become a thick sauce (approximately 15 minutes). Add sugar if desired. Lower heat to keep sauce warm.
- Place chicken breasts side by side (smooth side up) between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound the chicken until the breasts are roughly ½ inch thick. Season the chicken on both sides with 2 tablespoons RUB1OUT Poultry Rub and set aside. Place flour into a shallow bowl or plate. Beat eggs in another bowl. Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan, and 1 tablespoon RUB1OUT Poultry Rub in a another bowl.
- Dredge seasoned chicken in flour, and then transfer to beaten eggs. Transfer chicken to bread crumb mixture - ensure both sides of the breast are coated thoroughly. Repeat process for each piece of chicken and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high heat until the oil is hot. Carefully add breasts and fry each side until golden brown (about 4 minutes each). Transfer chicken into a baking dish and top each piece with tomato sauce. Then, equally layer each piece of chicken with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes - internal temperature of chicken needs to reach 165°. The cheese should be golden and bubbly.
- Serve with fresh spaghetti or creamy polenta.
- PREPARE TO ENTER YOUR HAPPY PLACE!